Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting service includes keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server run by a hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's explore these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to build a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given companies, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would share the tasks at hand between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share an enormous number of pictures with friends or partners since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail accounts. Some distributors provide web space hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to own a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content exclusively.